The Main Slogan for the 21st century: Learn, Learn and Learn again Harmony!
Introductory Course to the Harmonious Civilization Theory
Dear GHA members, friends,
In the past century the main slogan was: "Learn, Learn and Learn again" wars, revolutions, violence, and maximizing profits. Therefore this century was the bloodiest in history, as well as the richest for corporations, and thus the most detrimental for the environment and for quality of the world's population. This education and based on it the solutions and governance continue to this day. But the paradox: the farther away is this education, the more reveal the incompetence of the corresponding solutions and governance. They more often show the inability to foresee and prevent crises, the impotence to solve global problems, which only grow and aggravate. They demonstrate the failure of industrial civilization, its social knowledge, its education and its managers.
Harmonious civilization, the first global criteria which appeared in 2009, takes the place of a dying industrial civilization, and requires a fundamentally different, harmonious, social knowledge, thinking, education and governance, without which nations can not survive and flourish together on one planet Earth, in one global village. What conclusions led a six-year experience of the Global Harmony Association (GHA)?
1. Harmonious civilization, about which the GHA say all the time, is impossible without a harmonious education, without learning the alphabet, language and thinking of social harmony, the system of scientific knowledge which is represented as a first approximation in the GHA book "Harmonious Civilization" (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379). Global (planetary) harmonious education is the main path of conscious building and non-violent evolution of this civilization. Therefore, its main slogan is: "Learn, learn and learn again the harmony." This is a radical rethinking of the traditional revolutionary slogan in the spirit of nonviolence.
Its striking practical realization is Singapore, which adopted and introduced in all educational institutions of the State Declaration of Religious Harmony, which prevent any interreligious strife far more effectively than any police measures, the impotence which we have seen in England, France, Russia and other countries. China, building a harmonious society, gives a brilliant example of this slogan in the economy, which showed the highest steady pace, even in crisis years. It brought China's economy to second place in the world and in the nearest years will give it global leadership.
2. Harmonious education and learning the GHA should start with itself: Before we can teach others, we ourselves must learn the alphabet and thinking of harmony. This is our first moral duty and the first intellectual responsibility before others. We should be an example and a model of harmonious learning for other people whom we call to a harmonious civilization. We can’t competently talk about it without knowing the alphabet. Our harmonious education (at least in the initial stage) is a necessary internal condition and the first spiritual prerequisite for competent implementation of all the GHA projects, especially peace and education, including the TV project. only through it we can overcome our own ignorance of the alphabet and language of harmony. In Astana in October 2010, we launched this process of self-education: we spent the first session of the Harmony Academy to study the ABC of harmony, which were attended 7 members of the GHA. It showed our illiteracy in harmony. one lesson to overcome it is not enough evidently.
3. Now we need the introductory system educational courses. I suggest as a next step, my brief (one month), introductory course “Harmonious Civilization: Theory, Modernity and Future" (below), which can be arranged at any university or college of the world for its students, and of course for us ourselves. This course will be a kind of distributive and mobile Harmony Academy as for the GHA members and for students of your country.
After listening of this introductory course, many of you, first of all scientists and educators would be able to prepare their own similar courses and begun Academy of Harmony in your countries. The result of this course will also intensify the process of creating different textbooks of social harmony: from primary schools to universities. You know that this text book is scheduled in GHA, however, to intensify this process can only our teaching practice. The proposed training course, from my point of view, would be a good start with far-reaching consequences.
So I invite all the GHA members and friends, especially professors, as well as undergraduates and post-graduate students, to offer an educational course "Harmonious Civilization: Theory, Modernity and Future" to leadership of your universities and colleges.
I'm ready to arrive to any of them in any country and to read this course, if you want - with an interpreter, under condition of the invitation with all expenses paid. As this course is small, requiring only one month, and spending on it will be very modest, available to almost every university and college.
Of course, this process of harmonious education in his modest initial form will go in parallel with our ongoing process of creation and dissemination of new projects of social harmony. Both of these processes only develop, support and reinforce each other as reconciled theory and practice. As we know, without interaction each of them exhausted and deprived of development. Therefore, the GHA further life is inextricably linked with the development of both these processes. Their indissoluble unity and mutual enrichment is a strategy for the GHA sustainable development.
Best harmony wishes,
Dr. Leo Semashko
Dr. Leo Semashko
Harmonious civilization: Theory, Modernity & Future
Introductory educational course at 1 month (20 days), 80 hours, 4 hours a day.
Subjects of lectures and seminars
Copyright © 2011 Leo Semashko
1. Introduction. The historical and philosophical backgrounds of the concepts of "harmonious civilization" and "harmonious society": Numa Pompilius, Plato and others. Lecture 4:00
2. Trends of global harmonization with the 1947 and especially since 1990. Lecture 4:00
3. The emergence of the first signs of a harmonious civilization in 2009. Lecture 4:00
4. The theory of a harmonious civilization: origin and structure. Lecture 4:00
5. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Resources. Lecture 4:00
6. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Resources. Seminar 4:00
7. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Processes. Lecture 4:00
8. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Processes. Seminar 4:00
9. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Structures. Lecture 4:00
10. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Structures. Seminar 4:00
11. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Classes. Lecture 4:00
12. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Classes. Seminar 4:00
13. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Individual. Lecture 4:00
14. Alphabet of social harmony in a harmonious civilization. Individual. Seminar 4:00
13. Laws and language of social harmony. Lecture 4:00
14. Laws and language of social harmony. Seminar 4:00
17. Network harmonious thinking (Tetranet thinking). Lecture 4:00
18. Network harmonious thinking (Tetranet thinking). Seminar 4:00
19. A Tetranet thinking model to solve the global challenges in a harmonious civilization. Lecture 4:00
20. The future of a harmonious civilization: possible variants. Lecture 4:00
TOTAL: Lectures - 52 hours; Seminars - 28 hours.
Note. I can lecture in the classrooms from 10 to 200 students, and for the seminar should be 10-20 students, not more. Number of hours of lectures and seminars may vary.
Leo Semashko, Ph.D.;
State Councillor of St. Petersburg; Philosopher and sociologist; Author of Tetrasociology as a science of social and individual harmony since 1976; Global Harmony Association Founder and President since 2005; Teaching experience at universities is about 20 years; Author of more 300 scientific publications, including 14 books.
Address: 7/4-42 Ho-Shi-Min Street, St. Petersburg, 194356, Russia. Telephone: +7 (812) 597-65-71,
Email: leo.semashko (at) gmail.com; Web: www.peacefromharmony.org